Friday, August 3, 2012

An Unlikely Thing

It is well into the afternoon, and yet I have not gotten out of bed because of tiredness that won't let go. And yet, my heart is very, very happy. Today, I rejoice in the life that has been given to me. I rejoice in the weakness, in the delays, and in the hardship. Because... today... I am delighting in God, in Him Himself. It seems most unlikely that I should be happy, but I have been praying daily, "Satisfy me in the morning with your steadfast love, o God, that I may rejoice and be glad all my days." He has been answering that prayer... one day at a time. And it is an unlikely thing that I should be happy today, but my God delights in making unlikely things - yes, even impossible things! - reality.


"This is the day that the LORD has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24

Photo credit: Me. From a few summers ago. Flowers in the North Carolina mountains.

1 comment:

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.