Friday, August 24, 2012

O Lord... You Know...

"God will not hold us responsible to understand the mysteries of election, predestination and the divine sovereignty. The best and safest way to deal with these truths is to raise our eyes to God and in deepest reverence say, 'O Lord, Thou knowest.' Those things belong to the deep and mysterious profound of God’s omniscience. Prying into them may make theologians, but it will never make saints." (A. W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God, p. 64)

Can you hear the groans - the groans of sinners and saints everywhere?

This life hurts. It is painful. I want out. Why? Where is God? Why did He do that? Why does He allow... even ordain... pain?

My heart can hear those groans. It can also sense divine comfort in the midst of groans, but the groans cannot be ignored.

It takes time to surrender to sovereignty. And right now, I can only lift my hands heavenward and say, "O Lord... You know...." Because He does know. He knows more than I do. And He's up to something heavenly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.