Monday, August 13, 2012

10,000 Reasons... #2

So, to review a bit from 10,000 Reasons... #1 and subsequent posts....

1.) I found a doctor to see.
2.) He's really smart.
3.) He's written a great book that is already very helpful in explaining things about my illness and how they can be corrected.

That all is pretty good news. But sometimes, its easy to let the good news get overshadowed by bad news. Like...

1.) An appointment with Dr. Conley costs $295 an hour.
2.) To see him is almost a 6 hour drive.
3.) He doesn't accept insurance. And even if he did, he wouldn't be covered by our insurance.

Looking strictly at the financial side, I could get pretty glum. Sometimes I do. Okay, most times. I worry about finances a lot.

And just to prove how itsy-bitsy my trust in God really is....

Yesterday afternoon my dad handed me a check. For $500. From our church. To help with our medical expenses.

Wow, God. Wow. I repent. I was so wrong to doubt. Thank You for Your church. Thank You for providing. Just... thank You.

And, to my church family....


...for your generosity...
...for your love...
...for your compassion...
...for your prayers...
...for your gift....

I will admit, I was pretty tired, but I wanted to get up and dance - I was so happy.

Love,
~Camille

2 comments:

  1. God is good! I've been blessed many times through the generosity of others. I'll be praying this doctor visit helps give answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Isn't it such a blessing to see The Lord meet your needs through His people??? So humbling!! I do pray this is the start of more answers for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.