Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Magical Evening

The beach is amazing. I went last night 'to read' while my family was biking. The sky was so bright blue and beautiful I was staring at that. I got distracted watching the sunlight hitting the trees behind me. Then of course I had to people watch for a while, and by that time the sun was setting. I don't know if I've seen a more beautiful sunset. As it was beginning, a man standing on a surfboard paddled out into the lake past the rock piles. While the sun was setting, he began blowing bubbles with a huge bubble wand. I've never seen anything like it in my life! Some of them were probably twenty feet long! have you ever seen a 20 foot long bubble pop? it starts at on end and just slowly evaporates away. Incredible, especially with the sunlight glistening off them. Truly a magical sight that I will remember for years to come.

What a magical reminder... that... the world is beautiful, and that I am such a very small part of it, so why focus on myself? Why not instead focus on the God who created it all? I felt like standing up and applauding the entire scene - the seagulls, frightened away by the bubbles; the sun, barely glistening over the horizon; the bubbles, soaring high up into the sky before popping; the people, watching in wonder. Why? Because God created and rules and governs it all.

If I would have had my Bible with me, I think I would have read Psalm 148. If you have the opportunity, why not take an evening this week to head outdoors to read this psalm and enjoy the scene God has created? He is so worthy of praise!

Photo Credit: Ewa Kurek

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that sounds lovely... I'm glad God gave you that blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.