Saturday, August 11, 2012

Appointment Postponed

This afternoon Dr. Conley called me to inform me that the appointment I was scheduled for on Monday would be postponed due to a death of one of his close family members. My first reaction? I am very sorry that someone died, but... having to postpone the appointment might be a good thing for me. Now I have more time to read this fascinating book and understand the research Dr. Conley has poured his life into.


Dear Abba, 
     I pray that you would be with Dr. Conley and his family today. From reading his book, I know that he believes that the world came about through evolution and does not consider himself to be a religious person, but that he encourages his patients to pray as a means of relaxing. I'm not sure he expects me to pray for him necessarily, but Your Word tells me to continually be in a spirit of prayer, and right now, Dr. Conley is what happens to be on my mind. I pray that You would comfort his heart. Give him physical stamina as it sounds like he didn't sleep much last night. Also, please bring this man to understand the Gospel and know and have a personal relationship with You.
     Please help all of the other patients who have been effected by this, too. Dr. Conley sees patients from all over the world, so I ask that you would help them to be able to reschedule their flights with minimal costs. I hope we can still see him soon, Lord, but if not, help us to rely on You while we wait. 
   In Jesus Name,
          Amen.

1 comment:

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.