Wednesday, August 8, 2012

How I Feel, Right Now

My brain feels inflamed. At the base of my skull where my brain connects to my spinal cord there is pressure. If I sit upright or stand, the pain increases and may begin to throb. There is also throbbing in my temples, and pressure there, too. All my muscles feel weak. My back hurts, my upper arms ache, especially the lymph nodes under my arms, which seem to be swollen. My chest feels tight, constricted, drawn, and I have a stabbing pain in the upper right corner of my chest.

"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end." Lamentations 3:21 & 22.

1 comment:

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.