Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 9

Just popping in to write an update on how my candida diet is going. I can hardly believe it has already been a week! I have had no substantial cravings for the "forbidden foods" and have been able to keep myself eating a healthy, balanced diet by mentally scheduling my meals a few days ahead of time and keeping a journal as well. At first my appetite significantly increased on the diet. I think that was perhaps just an adjustment factor, and also excitement at getting to try so many different recipes. Now my appetite has settled down a bit, thankfully!, and I'm still moving ahead. I have noticed a significant increase in not only my energy but also my inclination to be active. I also notice a positive emotional impact due to the dietary changes. I have been prone to depression over the course of the past year, but nowadays the depression is very much easier to deal with and nip it in the bud. Stress no longer poisons my system, because I have found healthy ways to deal with it. I think soon I will be writing up some product reviews on the various supplements I've tried and the benefits and drawbacks to them, as well as some of the various ways and means I have found for dealing with stress. So stay tuned! :)

~Nella Camille~

4 comments:

  1. I had to take it when i got canker sores. I mixed it with grape juice, but could still faintly taste it. It's nasty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille, this is great news! What you are doing takes a lot of courage and perseverance...You have been in my thoughts and prayers these several months. Love you, Aunt Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Aunt Jackie,

      Thank you for your encouragement and thoughtfulness in leaving a comment! It means a lot to me. I have been thinking a lot about you as well, although I confess I am pretty lacking in the prayer department sometimes. I am so pleased by the reports I hear on how the GAPS diet has done wonders for you and your family. It really is incredible how far-reaching the effects can be! Take care.

      Love and hugs,
      Camille

      Delete

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.