Saturday, February 23, 2013

Product Review: Aloe Vera Juice

Photo Credit: Vitacost
Reason for Use: I ordered this product, as I did the previous product I reviewed, for its anti-parasitic and general wellness qualities. Again, I use this product on a rotational basis--on for a few days, then on to something else, then back to this. My mom is trying it too, for general wellness.

Initial Impressions: The first time I tried this juice, I had not chilled it. (It was sitting in our basement until I was ready to open it.) The flavor was quite strong. It had a sort of zest to it that I wasn't expecting, like drinking straight lemon juice. After chilling it and trying it the second day, it was better and I hardly noticed the crazy flavor I'd detected the first day. The third day I tried it, I actually mixed it with lemon juice and used it when I swallowed my pills, just to see how that would go. I don't think I will do that again, because it seemed stronger again, and now I actually enjoy the flavor of straight lemon juice, so... I'll just have them separately. As with the last product, I have no experience with any other kind of aloe juice, but I am pleased and will most likely stick with this brand for future orders.

Product pros: This is a great product! Not only is it inexpensive as far as aloes go, it is also USDA certified organic! And I was able to get at for a buy one, get one half-off, so since I purchased four, one of them was free.

Product cons: I don't know if I have ever seen aloe sold in glass jars, but it sure would be nice if someone would do that. It'd probably jack up the price, but, I would be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.