Thursday, February 21, 2013

Product Review: Oil of Oregano

Oil of Oregano is well known as a general wellness supplement that many people choose to take in the winter time because it is helpful for fighting colds. I chose this product for its anti-parasitic effect. The first time I took it I simply mixed the drops in water like I usually do, only to be driven to the sink multiple times in a row for a refill on my cup. That stuff is strong! Although this product by Source Naturals has a strong flavor, fortunately I found a way to make it work for me: mixing it with lots of olive oil!  This is a better alternative than mixing the product with water since this is an oil-based liquid, something I knew subconsciously but wasn't thinking of the first time I dropped it into my water. I take this supplement in rotation with several other products, taking each one for about four days in a row before moving on to something else. I cannot compare this product to any other, sadly, because this is the first brand I have tried. But after my 140-some doses run out, I think I will try Oreganol next time! 
Photo Credit: Vitacost Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.