Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 1!

I'm not doing Lent this year. (I never have, you see.) I'm doing something much more difficult. I'm going on an anti-candida diet. As of... today!

As a slightly humorous bit, but also to keep myself accountable to a standard, I wrote this up this afternoon.

     I, Camille W-----, do solemnly swear that from this day henceforth to eat neither sugar, fruit, nor fruit or sugar-containing foodstuffs until my health, conscious, and medical advisory team sees fit to release me from this vow, oath, and solemn promise. 
     I resolve that even when I think to myself, “No one will know,” to call to mind the rememberance, “No man or woman might know. But you will know. And so will the candida albicans in your intestines. And their judgment will be harsher than anyone else’s.”  
     I resolve to starve the candida albicans
       Signed with the greatest solemnity,
             CW

Are you participating in Lent this year? What are you giving up, and why are you doing it?

~Nella Camille

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello, Steve. Thanks for your comment. I did indeed check out your blog. :)

      I'm not quite sure if your intent was for me to specifically read your most recent post on 1 Timothy 4:1-5 or if that just happened to be coincidental based on my above blog post and my previous references to my dietary restrictions. However, I assure you, I am not advocating abstention from sugar, fruit, wheat, or any other kind of food in order to attempt to gain salvation. I'm doing it in order to live. Wheat, sugar, and yeast have wreaked havoc in my gut, and as a result, I must eat this way in order to enjoy a normal, happy, and healthy life. In certain cases, dietary restrictions are very pleasing in the sight of God, and this is one of those cases.

      Blessings,
      ~Nella Camille

      Delete

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.