Thursday, July 26, 2012

Little by Little, Inch by Inch

Have you ever been involved in a huge project, one that seemed beyond your ability to begin or complete? Right now I am in the midst of a few of those kinds of projects. One began about a year ago when I started researching and purchasing replacement items for our upstairs bathroom. It took a long time to decide what color scheme, what finish of fixtures, which vanity, and what kind of tile would be both attractive and good quality. I spent lots of time reading reviews of items and trying to compare prices. Now, a year later, I've finally started the stripping of the current wallpaper - after still more research on the best way to do that and a few trips to the store for supplies! Removing the wallpaper means that all the cheap vinyl baseboard had to come off, too. And the border around the ceiling. And the screws and wall fixtures. Next will be the ripping out of the linoleum tiling. But it all takes time... and effort. Sometimes I am able to work for a long time, but other days I feel like I just got everything set and then I feel like I have to lay down. But the key is progress a little bit at a time - "little by little, inch by inch." Lots of things in life work by that principle. Growing up, education, reading a book (one word at a time), or even writing this blog post. Nothing happens immediately, but with time, effort, and a little patience, the finished result of diligence is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.