Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Big Blessing - A True Friend

Photo Credit: Isaac. Because we are that good at self-portraits!

Do you have a friend - a special friend who always seems to understand? I do. His name is Isaac, and right now I am blessed to be spending a lot of time with him since he is visiting me! We're watching my favorite movies, trying new recipes, taking walks, dominating at Sudoku, studying history, and playing games. 

What's so great about Isaac is that not only is he my friend, he is also good at taking care of me and is understanding of my physical limitations. There are few friends who are truly accommodating of an invisible illness, but he is one of them for sure. He just somehow knows when I've had enough activity and need a break. He is willing to run downstairs and grab the cup of water I forgot again, or make a trip down the basement while we're cooking to find an ingredient we need. And he does it all willingly! And did I mention he has great taste in music? He pointed out to me that two of the three "encouraging songs" I posted a few days ago were his recommendations. 

Thanks for loving me, Friend. I'm blessed to know you. 

1 comment:

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.