Sunday, July 8, 2012

About Me

My name is Camille. I am in my twenties, and I have lived in Erie, Pennsylvania for most of my life. I love to read great books by Wodehouse, Piper, MacArthur, Carson, Fitzpatrick, and others. I enjoy writing in all forms - novels, poetry, blog posts, journalism (the story-of-your life kind, not the newspaper kind), and extemporaneous essays. I also love to take long, rambley walks in the country either with my dad or by myself. Another, newer, passion is research. Whether its Greek and Hebrews words for a language assignment, nutrition, homeopathic medicine, history, or humanities, I love knowledge and finding out new things. I'm bad at spelling. I have toes and ankles that crack when I walk on hardwood floors without shoes. I'm double jointed in my thumbs, and I have never broken a bone. Although I've never lived in a one-story house, I plan to when I grow up because I hate having to run all the way down the basement for something I need, especially when I'm cooking dinner and discover we might be out of tomato sauce unless there's some down in the dungeon. One of my quirks is that I can't stand mispronounced words. Two of the worst are "February" and "coupon." I guess another quirk, which goes along with my researching fetishes, is that I have always been fascinated by illnesses, especially chronic ones, and diseases, especially deadly ones, despite the fact that my whole childhood I was as healthy as a horse.

People often want to hear my story or want to have an update, and some times I simply do not have energy to explain all the details of my backstory, testimony, or current health situation. This blog has been created in part to address that deficiency in my energy and in order to keep my church family and college friends more involved in key developments as they happen, as well as to hopefully serve to a resource to people interested in learning more about the health conditions I face. I have many posts written in seed-form as drafts, so please be sure to check back frequently for updates. Or, if you prefer, add this blog to your Google Reader or other blogroll reading device, or subscribe by e-mail using the feature in the sidebar.

With hope, because Jesus has risen,
~Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.