Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 21

Three weeks of the anti-candida diet already. It's hard to believe for me they've gone by so fast! I very seldom have food cravings or am tempted to slip, and when I am, I remember my silly "vow, oath, and solemn promise" I wrote out for myself on day one. I've made a few accidental slips. For instance, in trying to see how my body would react to almonds (which I had been avoiding since mid-November after being told I was allergic to them), I sampled some almond butter I'd bought for myself (back in early November... :P) which I did not realise contained a bit of sugar. Then a few afternoons ago I wanted some cereal, which I almost never eat, but I decided one bowl of rice chex wouldn't hurt me. Guess what? It had sugar. Some gluten free tortilla chips I'd bought for myself also had some evaporated cane juice. Sigh... and they were so good, too! My other occasional "oopsie" is related to food combining. Certain foods are not allowed to be eaten together in a candida diet. A classic example is Spanish rice, which is one of my favorite foods. But grains aren't supposed to be eaten with meat. Accidentally did that twice last week (Tuesday and Friday) and ended up with a headache/cold/fatigue, so I'll have to make sure to NOT do that again!

Other than that, so far, so good! I'm finding tons of yummy new foods. I should write a cookbook when this is over. "100 ways to prepare orange vegetables!" I think I have a vitamin A deficiency, because I'm always wanting carrots, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and acorn squash! Sweet potato pancakes are my all-time new favorite breakfast food. So delicious! Try them for yourselves! Recipe here is uber simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.