Friday, March 1, 2013

Product Review: Ginger Tea

Photo Credit: Google Images
I read in the Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook that Ginger tea was a great digestive aid and went out and ordered a three-pack box from Vitacost. Ginger tea is also recommended for GAPS dieters, so if any of you GAPS people out there know a great ginger tea brand, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on yogi or other brands you may have tried.

As I have mentioned before with other teas, Yogi is generally my favorite brand. Also available from Yogi is their Lemon Ginger, which I would love to try! There's just no place you can go wrong with Yogi teas. They are a great brand, their teas are organic, their boxes are amazing, and they have great quotes printed on the string label. Really, try at least a box. C'mon. You know you want to. :)

However... I must admit, this tea isn't really my favorite when it comes to flavors. I'm not sure if it's the ginger, or if it's the black pepper that is also in the herbal blend... but something in there is awfully strong! This tea does well mixed with Pau d'Arco, and I have a feeling it would be great with lots of honey (if you're allowed that luxury). I think the lemon also might be a good one to try. Next time I think I will get a box of that and decide which I like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.