Sunday, September 16, 2012

Open Season

Blogging has been so sporadic! My apologies! I intended to blog a lot more during Invisible Illness Week rather than a lot less. Oh well. Now II week is over, but I hope to blog more in the next few days. I'm planning on doing a post later this week about an invisible aspect of illness (allergies and sensitivities) and how healthy people can help ill people who suffer from these kinds of invisible symptoms with very real complicating effects. Anyway, I'll save that for another post.

Today marks a week since I started Valtrex. Unfortunately, I had to stop it this week, at least temporarily. As my friend Heidi described it, here is a comic (without a picture. I'm not an artist. You'll have to use your imagination.) of what has been happening inside my body...
Body: AAAAAARRRRGGHHHH!!
Immune system: Hey! Look! The gun ban has been lifted - open season on EBV! Yeeeeeah!!
Body: AaaaaaaaAaaaaaHhhhhhh!
...or something like that.... :)

There has been so much going on inside my body through starting various treatments and trying various means of improvement. The Valtrex frees up certain parts of my immune system to fight the EBV and other things. Probably at least partially because of this, I've been 'normal person sick' for the first time in almost a year - and it's been intense. So I decided maybe my go-to advisor from PR was right and I should have waited to start the Valtrex after my body fought off the cold. We'll see what Dr. Conley says tomorrow when I call his office.

You'll have to wait until tomorrow to read about more of the self-discoveries I have been making and how I've been improving due to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.