Friday, September 7, 2012

Heart's Cry

Just another post similar this one from the end of August. I've been finding this newly released track stuck in my head a lot recently. I think the chorus expresses very well the truth that all creation groans for redemption (Romans 8:19-22).


We wake in the night in the womb of the world
We beat our fists on the door
We cannot breathe in this sea that swirls
So we groan in this great darkness
For deliverance
Deliverance, O Lord

One line that particularly sticks out to me comes close to the end, "we cannot sing with these broken lungs." It might not mean a lot to you, but I absolutely love to sing, and one of the ways I can tell that this illness is still hanging on is that I haven't been able to sing for months. So while I listen to others sing and long to do so myself, I groan with all of creation.

Anyway... enough from me... listen to Andrew Peterson! I think this song will appeal to more readers than the last video I posted :)



1 comment:

  1. "We wake in the night in the womb of the world
    We beat our fists on the door"


    Reminds me of a certain analogy... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.