Monday, October 29, 2012

More Healing Hints

(1) Even more ability and willingness to socialize! Last week my mom and I went shopping for bathroom accessories (the actual remodeling will begin next week!!!), I went to two soccer games (okay, one was at the Y, but...), and my likkle bru-vah's youth rally.
(2) Starting to be able to sing sometimes. Or at least lip-syncing, if I'm not actually singing. Usually while I'm by myself and feeling a little on the crazy side.... :) Haha, I'm doing a music research problem for my friend, and I find myself dancing along, playing air guitar, and being generally ridiculous. It's fantastic, really.... :) There used to be certain kinds of songs I couldn't listen to when I was tired because they would make my heart race or blood pressure go up, but now that doesn't happen anymore either.
(3) Enjoyment of old hobbies, such as reading and writing letters, is coming back. Beth, your note is finally written and in the mail!
(4) Two short walks while we had some good weather last week.
(5) Ability to maintain and renew friendships. It's been so great to spend more time on the phone, writing e-mails, writing notes to those who I correspond with by mail, etc.
(6) Feeling like I could start a job soon, at least in the afternoons a few days a week. Not ready for full time yet, but soon I will be!
(7) Not only loving food, but helping out in the kitchen (my mom, or making myself food since I require a special diet still).
(8) Last night I had a really bad headache - the worst one since my headache that started after my appointment with Dr. Conley - but it went away with sleep! Yay! No more Horrible Horaces!
(9) People say I'm looking good... and I don't have to tell them I'm faking it. I don't feel like I really have an invisible illness anymore, because I am truly feeling so much better.
(10) I can't wait for November to get here, because it means my brother Ian will be home soon, I can't wait to make sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving, and I am looking forward at being crazy and attempting to write a 50,000 word novel for NaNoWriMo.

I have a phone consult with Dr. Conley this afternoon. What are you folks doing this Monday? :)

~Camille

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you are feeling better! Let's keep it that way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It brightened my day when I read that you've been dancing to the research stimuli :) So good to hear how you are healing! <3 Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.