Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Healing Hints

I promised some of you I would blog about the ways I can feel healing beginning to happen. This is a brief post with 10 ways in which I feel healing taking place.

(1) Cold symptoms - stuffy at night. You might not think this is a sign of healing, but to me, it shows that my immune system is beginning to funtion normally by fighting 'normal' sick issues.
(2) No brainfog!! Or when it's around, it does go away with rest.
(3) Improvement with rest. That seems like such a simple thing, but it is a function of the body that is somehow broken during CFS/ME.
(3) Ringing in ears has stopped. Wahoo! That was getting irritating....
(4) Not loosing my train of thought as much, not forgetting what I was saying, not searching for words.
(5) Trouble sleeping at night after electrotherapy. When my body's electrical pathways are properly stimulated, they do in fact respond correctly.
(6) Able to have lights on at night. I was on Skype last night and my friend could see me instead of just hear me! :)
(7) Significantly reduced stress levels. I feel at rest without having to naturally work on breathing or use some kind of somatic system. But, when I do feel stress, I am more aware of it and able to deal with it properly.
(8) Slight increase in ability to multitask. (Slight.)
(9) Ability to socialize is coming back. There was a point a few weeks ago where if you put me with people in a social setting, I would react very negatively. I didn't know what to say and felt very uncomfortable and easily overwhelmed. Many times I would just find a place to hide and cry.
(10) I love food and eating again. It feels normal, healthy, and natural.

All thanks to Dr. Agolli and the incredible staff at Progressive Medical Center in Atlanta, Georgia!

2 comments:

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.