Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sometimes....


Sometimes every one of us feels
Like we’ll never be healed
Sometimes 
Sometimes every one of us aches
Like we’ll never be saved
Sometimes
--David Crowder Band

You know the feeling: the heavyness, the helplessness, the hopelessness.... It's impossible to shake. "It will all work out in the end," sounds like such a cliche... or maybe even an insult. "When? Why?" Not just "When will I be better?" or "Why am I sick?" No, the pain drives us to asking bigger questions than that, because thanks to support groups and the Internet, we know we are not alone in this suffering. "When will the world be redeemed? Why is their pain and suffering?"

I don't know. I really don't. I don't understand any more than you do.

But I know the feeling of healing... the first breath of spring, and healing....

I know that somehow, some day, it will end. Sometime.

So don't give up. Keep on going. Persevere. Be determined. Aggressively pursue healing with every ounce you have, even if it isn't much. Surround yourself with people who will lift you up, help you, and give you hope.

Don't. Ever. Quit.
Don't. Ever. Give. Up.

P.S. Beth - this is for you. ♥

1 comment:

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.