Sunday, January 6, 2013

More Normalcy

A few months ago, if you would have looked at my to-do list, it would have looked something like this:

(1) Take supplements
(2) Read
(3) Write letters
(4) Blog
(5) Rest a lot
(6) Watch movies

About two months ago, it looked like this:

(1) Take supplements
(2) Take it easy
(3) Don't screw anything up
(4) Heal

A month ago, it looked like this:

(1) Take supplements
(2) Start walking
(3) Start being more social
(4) Pursue normal-people activities
(5) Continue healing

Now, it looks like any normal person's to-do list... but "take supplements" is still the first thing to do every morning :)

Every month I evaluate where I am and I decide what priorities I need to pursue in order to be more normal and get back to having a typical twenty-something year old's life. I feel like I'm still playing catch up, but that feeling lessens when I look back at the beginning of a new month and see what I have accomplished.

One goal I set for myself in the month of January was to get a job. This is a big step of getting back to normal - one that has to be pursued carefully. I knew that I needed a sitting-down job with not too early hours, preferably in a relatively placid environment. I assumed that this would take a bit of doing to find, but I was eager to start, so I began looking last Saturday online at Craig's List, Erie Times News classifieds, Monster, Snag-a-Job, and a number of other websites. I filled out a number of applications, sent my resume to more than a dozen potential employers, and waited. I got one scam call, and another scam e-mail. That was funny, but discouraging :P

On Wednesday I got a call from a fellow named Andrew Wagner (who said that he pretty much called me since we had the same last name) asking me to interview for his company on Friday. Friday I went in for the interview, that evening they called me back for another interview the following day, and after the second interview I was asked to come in to work on Monday morning. Talk about fast!!

And so, I am now employed part-time as an administrative assistant on the west side of Erie.

And there you have it; another step closer to normalcy.

Excited about life,
Camille

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such an answer to prayer. So happy for you in your speedy job-finding venture. I thought it was funny that you both had the same last name. :P
    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.