Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January Report

Hey, friends and faithful readers!

January has been an up-and-down month, as Januaries usually seem to be (for me). It started out with a lot of excitement about my new job working in an office in Erie. Then right after I started working I got a bad cold and so I was back to being a sickie for a while. But now I'm doing better and am excited again about regaining independence and health. I've still been doing normal-people things, albeit my life is still a bit duller than most people's. I've been doing quite a bit of reading recently. My favorite thing to read at the moment is The Journal of The Christian Institute on Disability. It was published by Joni and Friends and sent to me by my friend Molly, who works for JAF in their response department. The journal articles have really been stimulating my thinking in a lot of different ways, and I think I've really benefited from reading them by becoming even more empathetic towards people with struggles I sometimes have difficulty relating to. I recommend it to anyone!

One simple way to show empathy for people with disabilities is participating in JAF's Heart for the Disabled project. If you like making homemade cards, being encouraging, and enjoy mail, you should participate :) Check out this link and the video on this page for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: If you have a health resource you can't resist sharing, I would love to hear about it if you feel it will be truly helpful. I am already doing my best to fight this illness from a nutritional, structural, as well as medical stand-point. Please avoid comments with "miracle cure" stories about your Aunt Milly's granddaughter who drank coltsfoot tea for a week and has been fine ever since. I'm very thankful it worked for her in her case, but there are so many environmental, emotional, and other factors that make CFS/ME complicated and different from just an average illness. That being said, please leave thoughtful and uplifting comments below.